This article is about gun safes and how to open Gunvault safes. We will look at Gunvault in general and see how to open different lock systems by them.
Gunvault is a reliable brand that has been in business for the last three decades. The brand has provided some of the best gun safes to users that surpass quality and security. Its an industry leader in giving responsible firearm protection and storage.
The brand offers premium quality safes with secure locking systems. The gun safes are small and portable. They are easy to handle and enables you to carry your gun around safely.
Table of Contents
Types Of Gunvault Safes.
Gunvault offers different sizes of gun safes for storing one or multiple guns at a time. You can divide their gun safes according to the type of locks. The safes they offer are:
- Digital Safes: Digital safes are very secure and allow you to access your guns without much hassle. They are also very protective and pry-resistant. These lock systems are reprogrammable, and you can set them to suit your convenience.
- Biometric Safes: Biometric provides hassle-free access to a gun. They are very secure and provide a foolproof protection system for your guns. The system recognizes your fingerprints and opens the gun safe only when your finger touches its scanner.
How To Open The Digital Lock Of Gunvault Without Key?
Opening the combination lock is very easy. You need to enter the passcode into its digital pad and insert the right key to open the Gunvault safe.
However, if you don’t find your keys and the keypad is still not active due to a keypad power shortage. Opening the digital lock without power is easy as you can power the keypad and open the lock easily. If you don’t remember the passcode, then you need to change the passcode, which is not possible without opening the lock.
Let’s look at various ways to open a Gunvault safe digital code without a key or passcode.
If your keypad is not working due to a low battery, then a way to open the safe is by recharging the battery. Gunvault provides the overriding keys to operate the gun safe. But, if you don’t have the override key, then try to locate the battery.
To change the battery;
- Search for the batteries to the back of the keypad.
- Some keypads need to be open with a screwdriver to find the batteries underneath them.
- Make sure the battery casing is in good condition. If it seems to be damaged, you may need to contact the professionals.
- Replace the dead batteries with the new set of batteries. Install the same number of batteries as it previously contained.
- Set the keypad back at its place and try to open it now. It should work now if your problem were a mere power shortage.
Insert the Passcode
When you have the keypad in working condition, you can put in your passcode to open the gun safely.
In case you have forgotten your passcode, you should try to change the passcode.
How To Change The Passcode?
There is a button behind the back of your gun safe that allows you to reset the passcode. You need to reach for that button through a wire and press it to reset the passcode.
It is not as simple as it sounds, but still, you can try to reset the code.
Here is the method of resetting the code:
- Try to look for the tiny holes that or opening in the lock or the door to look for the reset button.
- You can use a flashlight to shine the wires and holes to the keypad’s back to search for a way to enter the safe.
- Take a slim wire and insert it through a hole or opening inside the safe.
- Do not jam the wire inside the hole, or you can ruin your gun safe.
- Use the flashlight to guide your way to the reset button through the wire
- Maneuver the wire to reach the reset button behind the door of the safe.
- Once you are near the button, try to hit on the reset button. The process is not as easy, but you may find your way to the reset button with hours of practice and struggle.
- Press the reset button.
- You will notice that keypad would automatically open once you have pressed the reset button.
- Now you can change the passcode.
- Confirm the new passcode by reopening the gun safe with the same code.
If you fail to find the reset button, there are not many safe options for you. You can contact Gunvault’s customer services to get a new overriding key or a code to open the gun safe without damaging it.
For that, you need to be a registered user of Gunvalut safe. That is why it is important to register your gun safe to the company once you have bought it. You can go to them for fixes or find a new passcode or a key.
This way, you can protect your gun safe from damage. Choosing other methods for opening the guns safe, like using tools, a hammer, or a drill, can damage your gun safe permanently.
Gun safes are not cheap, especially if you have a good one; it must cost a fortune. Make sure you contact either a company’s customer service or a professional locksmith to enter the gun safe without any damage.
Gunvault offers some of the best gun vaults in the market for your convenience. These gun safes are solid and come with all the security precautions for the protection of your firearms.
If you are having trouble like my Gunvault sv500 won’t open, don’t try to force open the gun safe. You can try to reach the reset button at the gun’s back to open the keypad, but don’t use tools like a hammer, screwdriver, or a drill to open the gun safe. Contact the Gunvault, and they will provide you an overriding key to open the gun safe without any hassle.