If you have inherited a victor safe and failed to understand how to open a victor safe, we can help. This article is designed to help you open the victor safe without damaging the safe structure. We will look at different types of victor safes and try to understand how to open them without needing a locksmith.
Victor safes are antique safes that many of us have inherited from a grandparent or an old aunt. These safes were very common in the early 90s due to their secure build and pry-resistant.These safes are considered valuable and collector’s items due to their high value and antique quality.
If you own a victor safe, then opening it can be a problem. You may not have the combination at all. Even the combination you try may not work now. So opening the victor safe can be a hard nut to crack.
So opening the dial of a victor safe may seem difficult, but luckily there is still the code available that is available. You can try these dialing codes and open the lock without damaging your property.
Things to Consider Before Opening Victor Safe.
Here are few things to consider before you try to open the lock.
- It is important to keep the dial on its indicator mark. The indicator mark starts from the 12 and not from the 11.
- You can start from any number. The dial turning remains the same no matter you start from any number. When you start turning the dial, you should take it from there.
- When you are dealing for the combination, you can try minus one or plus one. You can go one half of the lock plus or minus.
- If you happen to pass the number you aimed at and push the dial a little further than the actual number, it is not ok to go back to the number. You should start from scratch and try the combination accurately one more time.
- The old locks are cranky and may produce a lot of noise. You can lubricate the lock and bars to make it open more smoothly. However, it is advised to get it serviced by a professional. It is not ok to lubricate the lock with any over counter oil. You can harm the lock in the long run.
- Opening the Victor safe with a Combination
- Even opening the safe with a combination can be difficult. The lock may have struck in the wrong way; you don’t know how many times someone has tried to open it with an incorrect combination. That may complicate the problem.
- If you have the combination but fail to open it with you, you should not lose heart. Try to open them again and again. When you have dialed the last combination code, you should try to wiggle the dial lit to open the lock if it is stuck from inside. Never try to force the dial. It can complicate the situation. You may break the dial and still not be able to open the safe.
How to Open the Victor Safe?
Before we let you know how to open the victor safe, let’s first examine how the combination lock works.
A combination lock has a dial that is found in antique safes like Victor Safe. These dials look circular, and they are also rotatable. There are numbers written on the circumference of the dial, usually starting from zero. These are very secure systems, and you can only open these locks by correctly dialing the combination code with these numbers. The locks open after you have turned the dials to the right combination code. Turning these dials can be confusing for someone who is not very familiar with these types of locks. We have explained the method of dial turning for your combination below.
Here is a step by step procedure.
Turn the dial four times right, stop on the first combination number.
Spin the dial to the left and complete three rotations. Stop on the second number.
Turn the dial two times to the right. This time you should stop at the third combination code.
Now turn the dial one time to the left and stop on the fourth combination number.
By now, the lock is opened. You can pull the dial to open the lock.
How To Open The Victor Safe Without Combination?
If you have a victor safe at home that you don’t know how to open, you should try to look for the combination code in the papers. If you still don’t find the combination code, you can help any locksmith or professionals who is an expert in working on old locks, especially combination locks.
We strongly recommend you not to use any hammer or any other hand or power tool to open the lock. First, you can harm yourself; second, you can harm the safe’s tough body, rendering it useless for the collectors and future use.
Victor safes are considered a masterpiece due to their high-quality material and secure build. These safes are collectible items, and you should take maximum care when dealing with antique things like them. You should take care of these safes as an heirloom if you have one at home.
Opening the vector safes is not very easy if they are ancient and lost the combination. You should take the help of a professional to open the safe without damaging the other parts of the safe. You can ruin the safe’s build and structure by using handtools for forcefully opening the safe.
However, if you have the combination code and still don’t know how to open the safe, we have explained that method for your convenience. We hope this article solves your problem if you are wondering how to open the victor safe without handles.