No wonder you are the owner of a safe because the burglars know very well how to open a key safe without a key. We agree it is a stressful situation and you are taking so much pressure in your mind. Most people will call a locksmith in this situation. The locksmiths will damage the lock system of your safe to unlock it, and you have to pay them for their job.
Isn’t it a bad idea that a person is damaging your expensive safe and you are paying for this task? It is far better to try some unique tricks to unlock your safe than destroying it. If you hire a locksmith for this job, then it will be very costly. It is because first you will have to the locksmith and later you will have to repair the safe.
It is tough to crack the combination of a safe, but it is not impossible. One can choose a different way to complete this task effectively. You do not have to take the stress anymore as you are in the right place.
Here we are going to discuss how to open a small safe without a key? You do not have to drill your safe and damage it. You just have to think a bit like burglars to open your safe without keys.
Here are some of the useful tricks to open your small safe when you have lost the keys or forgotten the combination.
Use a knife to open safe:
Surprised! Yes, it is possible to open a small safe with a knife. It is one of the quickest ideas that will take only a few seconds to work. The very best thing is this technique will never harm your safe.
- You will need a knife which has an extended tip.
- Locate the keyhole
- After that, enter the knife’s pointed tip in the keyhole.
- Now you have to shake it and move around the keyhole.
- There are a lot of chances that the lock will be open in a few attempts.
Use hammering tools:
The knife technique to unlock a small safe without a key only works with the standard safes as it will never open a digital safe. If you have a digital one, then you have to use a hammer and a chisel to open it. It will be better if you have a chisel that has an extended tip.
The entire digital safe has a critical section where the combination is given. You have to enter the chisel in that key section. Follow the below-given steps to open your small safe without keys.
- The very first step is to enter the chisel in the key section and use a hammer on it.
- It will take a few minutes to dislodge the anchor part.
- Inca the anchor part is removed, the knobs and the screws also get revealed.
- Then you will find a silver knob.
- Again remove it by using chisel and hammer.
- When the silver knob is removed, you have to enter a finger in the hole.
- You will find a button there in the lower part of the hole.
- Just press the button, and your safe is unlocked now.
Open the lock by using a screwdriver:
As we said earlier, you have to think like burglars. Criminally minded people mostly use these ideas. A screwdriver will be handy for you in this situation. You have to use a screwdriver in a similar way of using a knife to unlock your safe. The whole process is described below.
- You will need to place your safe on a flat surface.
- After that, you have to enter the pointed tip of the screwdriver in the keyhole.
- You will need to rotate the screwdriver clockwise in the keyhole.
- It will take a bit of time, but you have to continue rotating the screwdriver until the lock opens.
Open the lock by using a paper clip:
It is also the easiest process to open a small safe without keys. We are sure you are getting amazed by these ideas, but these tricks work without leaving any damage in your safe. Now step forward to see how a simple paper clip can open your safe.
- Paper clips appear in a bent shape. Thus you have to straight it as a first step of the technique.
- After straightening the paper clip insert the end part in the upper part of the keyhole.
- Force the paperclip until it reaches the internal part of the chamber that appears deep in the lock system.
- You can use tweezers to hold the paper clip.
- Till the safe opens try to turn the tweezers in other direction until it reaches in chamber.
- By following this easy way and a simple paper clip, it is sure that you will be able to access your small safe within a couple of minutes.
Use a powerful magnet:
This trick is one of the oldest techniques to unlock a safe without keys. Since it is older but works. This trick will need a peaceful environment and a lot of concentration. You will need a neodymium magnet for this task. These kinds of magnets are so powerful that they are generally used to unlock the safes.
The neodymium magnets can be dangerous enough as it can destroy the electrical devices of your house. Thus it needs to store it at a perfect place after using it. The technique is as simple as discussed below.
- Take a large-sized neodymium magnet and a gym sock to handle it.
- You have to put the magnet in the gym sock.
- After that, you have to look for the solenoid. The solenoid is a part of a safe that activates the lock system. It appears in the front door of the safe.
- Move the sock with a magnet around the door.
- Once you notice some sound, it means that it is the right location.
- Now you have to move the sock around that area until the lock opens.
Now, you must be thinking about why it needs to use a sock to handle the magnet. It is because the neodymium magnets are so powerful and tough to make the moment with bare hands. Thus the sock will help you for easy and quick movement. Make sure that you have removed the sock after using it.
Is there any other idea aspect discussed above to open a small safe without keys?
Yes, there are some other ideas also, but those will harm your safe a bit. If the above-discussed ideas do not work then you can try the below-given techniques.
Drill the safe to make a hole:
If any other idea didn’t help you to access your safe, then you can try the drilling technique that will work. Before going to try this method, keep one thing in your mind that it will damage your safe. You are ready to buy a new safe later after unlocking the current piece than you can proceed.
You just have to drill the front upper part of the safe, where you can easily insert a finger to push the lock button. You can unlock the safe by pushing the lock button with your finger. It is very tough to drill the safe because the latest models are made of hard materials.
If one will put a lot of force to drill the safe, then it can lead to damage to the entire safe. Therefore it is good to try the other ways at least once before drilling your safe.
The technique of scooping the safe to unlock it without keys follows the drilling method. This method also needs to make a hole. But this time you have to use a bore-scope for this task. Most of the locksmiths use scooping techniques to unlock the safe when the keys get lost.
This method will harm your safe a bit. Thus it is far better than drilling the safe. The bore-scope will surely help you to find an idea to unlock the lock mechanism of your safe.
One could follow the drilling and scooping method if the burglar’s ideas, as discussed first in this article didn’t work. But think twice before damaging your safe as it will cost you high.